On Apr 27, 2007, at 3:51 PM, Ted MacNEIL wrote:

(reduce primary space allocation, >16 extents, overflow pools, etc. etc.).

Have you ever had to try to control an SMS environment run by an out-sourcer?

Ted:

I am mixed about doing defrags (no matter what environment) there are good reasons to do it and there are bad reasons . Personally I think if you have electronic DASD (smoke and mirrors) then defrags should be unneeded. That is not always true of course. But a general opinion of mine to say it depends.

Ed

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!