On Sat, 19 May 2007 17:02:52 +0200, R.S. wrote:

>2. AFAIK such synchronization requires some special setup, sysplex timer
>will not start using it itself. How can I connect sysplex timer to my
>ntp server over regular IP/ethernet connection ?

I have heard of a scheme where an NTP-synchronized PC is connected via
a null modem to the serial port on the sysplex timer (the PS/2 in the
sysplex timer can't do this by itself).  That PC then spoofs the protocol
of dialup to NIST, which is aceptable to the sysplex timer.

Rube Goldberg.  I can imagine hearing the PFCSKs snickering.  When they
learn the price of the obsolete PC which is the sysplex timer, the
snickers become guffaws.

-- gil