On Sat, 19 May 2007 15:22:14 +0200, R.S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>But the only honest answer to the question is "NO, unfortunately we are
>not able to synchronize with atomic clock, like other devices in our
>server room. Mainframe *can't do it*. We can only use wrist watch as a
>time source and then rely on mainframe internal clock."
>Of course, after the confession we can go back to our Principles, talk
>about our availability, hint that the rest of the world should
>synchronize with our CPC...

What do you mean ?
Why don't you synchronise the syslex timer with atomic clock or ( easier and
cheaper,) radio longwave transmission clock ?
( this one does not even require an external antenna because it crosses the
walls of you computer room and is used for railways , tunels etc ...  )
Or did i misunderstood your comments ?
Bruno
Bruno(dot)sugliani(at)groupemornay(dot)asso(dot)fr