>I was tempted to try rewriting my VTAM exits in C but, sadly, never got around
>to it. I did have a slight worry over whether or not this would have been a
>sensible idea for a production environment given the possibility of an
>unacceptable overhead.

I wouldn't worry about the overhead of writing exits in C.
Some systems have everything written in it; on today's machines it shouldn't
matter.

Now, C++ is a different matter.
When I took a C++ course, the instructor said we should NEVER code
(sub-)systems with it.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!