I don't know about any clock simulators, Ed, but I went and found the code
that was involved and it was the CONVTOD macro that accepted a maximum date
of September 17, 2042.  Ed Jaffe pointed out that the hardware does not yet
support higher dates, but I might argue that the software (CONVTOD) still
could, at least when using the STCKE/ETOD format.

To support retention periods beyond what CONVTOD would allow, I had to write
my own code which was based, somewhat, on the calendar conversion work of
Peter Baum, which is documented at http://vsg.cape.com/~pbaum/index.htm.
However, I only had to be accurate to a few minutes, so I didn't try to
include support for leap seconds beyond 2042.

At 04:37 PM 9/4/2007, Ed Finnell wrote:

>In a message dated 9/4/2007 3:31:06 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
>tried  it.  I think it was the TIME macro that returned an error if I  asked
>for an STCKE value for any year greater than 2042.
>

>??
>Do any of the CLOCK simulators do it correctly?

Art Celestini       Celestini Development Services
Phone: 201-670-1674                    Wyckoff, NJ
Mail sent to the "From" address  used in this post
will be rejected by our server.   Please send off-
list email to:  ibmmain<at-sign>celestini<dot>com.