Radoslaw Skorupka writes:
>Yes, I can. AFAIK z/OS version is not popular one. I know *big* ATM
>installation which migrated from z/OS to NonStop. People from ACI
>claimed that most of their installtions are not on mainframe.
>Timothy: I like mainframes, I have personal interest in mainframe
>business growth (at least survive), but I see no reason to be unhonest.

Nor do I see a reason to be dishonest. Which is why I endeavor not to be.

We apparently have different evidence in front of us. You apparently
observed one organization that migrated ATM switching from z/OS to HP
NonStop. (I'm not sure when, so I'm curious about that. If it's "z/OS,"
presumably it was after the year 2000?) Perhaps you have other information
as well.

I'm not at all surprised that ACI would say, at least at some point in
time, that most of their installations are not on the IBM mainframe. When
your product only runs on Tandem (practically speaking) for some time, it's
hard to have any other starting point. :-)

I said "you can guess the trend" based on my observations. As I said,
apparently ours are different. I assume you're honest in your observations,
and I know I am in mine.

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Specializing in Software Architectures Related to System z
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan and IBM Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]