The only way I know of to guarantee you get the same file back with the same
characteristics when there are non-IBM systems in between is to:

1. use XMIT to convert the VB file to a sequential XMIT-format file
(RECFM=FB, LRECL=80, BLKSIZE=3120)
2. transfer the XMIT file (RECFM=FB, LRECL=80, BLKSIZE=3120) in binary mode
to your open system
3. transfer the XMIT file from the open system to your (other?) host system
(RECFM=FB, LRECL=80, BLKSIZE=3120)
4. use RECEIVE on the host to convert the XMIT file back to VB

There are minor gotchas and watchfors, but that's the major outline.

HTH

Peter

and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of
the
attachments from your system.