>If you want to transfer a binary file from z/OS to z/OS with non-z/OS
>intermediate nodes, then I'd strongly suggest that you use
>
>QUOTE SITE STRU R
>
>to use "record" structure. This "encodes" the file so that record
>boundries are kept. I've done this to transfer files in the past from
>z/OS to Windows, back to z/OS. The binary file is not readily usable on
>the intermediate nodes due to the "encoding".
>
>--

I tried pulling the file down and pushing the file back up using a command
window from M$ Windows and it worked as indicated (the file matched once
re-uploaded).  I tried various incarnations from an MVS batch job and have
had no luck at all.  Is there a way to do this from an MVS batch job or TSO
FTP ( where I guess MVS is the client instead of the server)?  If not I guess I
will have to continue using XMIT and/or TERSE were applicable but for smaller
files it would be nice to eliminate the extra step and be able to submit batch
jobs from our MVS scheduling package.

Thank you,
Greg