If you want to transfer a binary file from z/OS to z/OS with non-z/OS
intermediate nodes, then I'd strongly suggest that you use

QUOTE SITE STRU R

to use "record" structure. This "encodes" the file so that record
boundries are kept. I've done this to transfer files in the past from
z/OS to Windows, back to z/OS. The binary file is not readily usable on
the intermediate nodes due to the "encoding".

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.