On 15 Nov 2007 08:46:54 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kirk Wolf) wrote:

>If you download a VB dataset with:
>
>bin
>quote site rdw
>
>then you will get binary data with IBM RDWs inlined.
>
>then to upload:
>
>bin
>quote site rdw
>quote site recfm=vb

I just tried your suggestion, but my results weren't quite what we
might have expected. My test involved downloading a member of a PDSE
having the attributes DSORG=PO,RECFM=VB,LRECL=255,BLKSIZE=32760. When
I uploaded my test data back to the mainframe, the RDWs were included
as part of the data and the original record boundaries were lost.

Here's my FTP session:

230 ERIC1 is logged on.  Working directory is "ERIC1.".
ftp> cd misc.text
250 The working directory "ERIC1.MISC.TEXT" is a partitioned data set
ftp> bin
200 Representation type is Image
ftp> quote site rdw
200 SITE command was accepted
ftp> get create
200 Port request OK.
125 Sending data set ERIC1.MISC.TEXT(CREATE)
250 Transfer completed successfully.
ftp: 469 bytes received in 0.01Seconds 31.27Kbytes/sec.
ftp> quote site recfm=vb
200 SITE command was accepted
ftp> put create temp
200 Port request OK.
125 Storing data set ERIC1.MISC.TEXT(TEMP)
250 Transfer completed successfully.
ftp: 469 bytes sent in 0.00Seconds 469000.00Kbytes/sec.

Eric

--
Eric Chevalier                          E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                           Web: www.tulsagrammer.com