HI,

 SMP/E is a good product which is not always the best option to every
installation.

 In my case I think that SMP/E is not important because the product is one
load file with 2 PC files which have dependency which can not be control in
SMP/E.

About knowing the version in SMP/E that is not true because every prouct
have WTO or modify command which let the user knowing its version. In my
case you can see the date in every load module as well.

 What you pay is what you get it is not true as a fact. the PC software is
cheap and most of them can be download from the Internet and some of then
are very good, even if they are distribute for trial for free or for a very
cheap price because there is competition in open but not in MF. Competition
is very good for quality of the software.

But we are all MF people and what bring food to our home is blessed.

 Again about SMP/E it is a great product to manage complicate software like
IBM MVS OS, CICS, IBM, DB2 and more. But really my product is one file less
then 300k and is is not suppose to have dependency to the OS it is running
under.

 Please analyze each case before decide if SMP/E is required or not (make
logic, no?).

 To make my product SMP/E easily I can tailor mfnetdisk to be SMP/E but this
will be only to advance the sale of my product and not because it is make
logic.

  But the true is that all of us afraid to install even the best technology
product in the world on MF if it is not big company product like IBM, CA,
BMC etc. The first bug with our best software in MF and our managers will
fired us immediately.

 We prefer to run SMPE old and not advance software in MF if we are safe in
our MF position.

  I am a MF system programmer, but I have also open mind. I develop the
MFNetDisk in MF and in PC. The PC development with C# was a great  time for
me. I never enjoy so much in the past to develop software as I enjoy when I
use the dot net environment.

 Thanks,
 Shai