Lindy Mayfield wrote:
I was asked this question and I have to admit I am so clueless I'm not
even sure how to google it.

Is it possible to print PDF's or PS documents on a mainframe printer?

Absolutely! Any mainframe AFP printer can easily handle this task. You simply need to use a so-called "transform" to convert the PDF or PostScript to AFP. IBM's InfoPrint Server -- and other ISV products -- can do this. For IBM's Infoprint Transforms to AFP (5655-N60), see:

http://www.infoprintsolutionscompany.com/internet/wwsites.nsf/vwwebpublished/ipstransforms_ww
http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/aoplt201/CCONTENTS

--
Edward E Jaffe