Wayne,

Thanks for correcting me. I am a MF bigot, but I am also a realist. Do you
know if z/OS with RACF is the only server/software combination that has
these certification? One quick Google gave me this at the top of the page:

http://www-03.ibm.com/industries/government/doc/content/news/pressrelease/10
12559109.html

and this later on

http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2005-10/sunflash.20051026.4.xml

If we follow some of the arguments in this thread, if SUN get EAK4 before
IBM we should jump over to Solaris as quickly as we can.

My real point is that z/OS is not necessarily streets ahead in security
anymore. To use this as an argument to maintain the mainframe may backfire
when Solaris, AIX or HP-UX leapfrog z/OS, which I'm sure they do on
occasions.

Ron