On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:10:54 +0900, Timothy Sipples
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>You would seem to be in the perfect situation, at least outwardly, for DB2
>Connect Unlimited Edition. It's very much like the MQ Client Access
>Feature: you pay a fixed rate based on your MSUs, and you're done. You
>don't even need to contact IBM when you add server #685 or user #3163.
>(Put Connect on Linux on z and add a zIIP for best results.)  Other vendors
>may offer similar terms.

Ideally, I would use Connect Unlimited. Problem for me is the price tag. It's
only available as OTC, and a fairly hefty one at that. If it could be folded
into
the monthly cost of DB2 it would be a no brainer. That particular OTC happens
to exceed a "magic number" for this organization that makes approval difficult
(long story).

-Rob Wunderlich