On Feb 4, 2008, at 12:14 PM, Mike Baldwin wrote:
Hi Ed,

I thought it interesting that you mentioned 11 times.

In a customer security standard document (that I cannot quote), that refers to U.S. DoD standards, when overwriting at least 12 times is recommended. One might infer that 11 times is considered insufficient. It doesn't give the
reason.

Mike,

Well thank goodness I wasn't to off base. It could have just as easily been 12 . I am glad that someone confirmed what I had heard/read.
Thanks.

Ed