Kenneth E Tomiak wrote:
[snip]
I don't know the best answer, certainly making attendees realize this is a USER group conference and handouts are not part of the conference fee is part of it.

Excellent post, Ken!

It's important to point out that it has *always* been the case that some SHARE speakers distribute 1-up, full color, spiral bound, jacketed booklets, some hand out a single 6-up sheet intended primarily for note-taking, and most fall somewhere in between. Each speaker decides for him/herself how they wish to SHARE information with their audience.

In Orlando, I was either attending or presenting in nearly every prime-time slot (8am - 5:30pm) going back and forth between the MVS and language programs. Some presenters were IBM; some were ISVs; some were users. Every presentation I gave had a handout. And, every presentation I attended had a handout.

Whatever impact the lack of SHARE-provided local copy services had on speakers, they did a darn good job adapting. I never noticed a thing!

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc