On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:03:41 -0700, Edward Jaffe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>William Bishop wrote:
>> The problem is that if you perfrom an IDCAMS DELETE and specify nonvsam,
>> HSM does a recall.  Without the nonvsam, he does an HDELETE if the dataset
>> is migrated.
>>

>This sounds APARable to me.

I don't think so, Ed.  I believe that the presence of "nonvsam" on the
command requires a recall so that IDCAMS can verify that it's a nonvsam
entry (it can't tell that while the data set is migrated).

I believe you'll find that if you had a VSAM file, and issued a DELETE ...
NONVSAM against it that the delete would fail.  Thus, with a migrated data
set IDCAMS needs it recalled or it might mistakenly delete a migrated VSAM
data set.

--
  Walt