On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:21:34 -0500, Chase, John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Indeed, how should Allocation know whether the program about to execute
>wants to "do something" with the dataset(s) before deleting it/them?
>Perhaps Allocation could be "educated" to issue HDELETE iff the dataset
>is migrated *AND* DISP=(,DELETE) *AND* PGM=IEFBR14.

And then you'll probably find some shop where they have their own version of
IEFBR14 that actually does process the data set in some way before it
terminates.  Or where another vendor has put some kind of front-end on
IEFBR14 to do something.

Also, I hope you'd want at least DISP=(OLD,DELETE) or DISP=(MOD,DELETE).   I
don't think I'd want existing data sets being deleted when referred to by a
DISP=NEW allocation like that.

--
  Walt