On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:31:38 -0700, Edward Jaffe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hmmm. When a data set is migrated, the VTOC entry is removed. But, the
>catalog entry is still there (though the volume ID is changed to MIGRAT).
>
>Can't IDCAMS tell from the catalog whether the migrated data set is VSAM
>or not? And, if VSAM, what kind of VSAM data set it is??

No, a VSAM cluster is turned into a flat file on migration and is cataloged as
NONVSAM dataset on volume MIGRAT.  If its device type is tape it shows as
MIGRAT2, else it's MIGRAT1.

I guess you don't get much real HSM work in PWD - no offence intended.

Dave