From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Thompson, Steve
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 6:07 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Another one bites the dust.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Eric Bielefeld
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 2:44 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU

Martin,

I'm sorry to hear you shut your MP3000 down for good.  We had the same
thing at P&H Mining about 2 years ago, also an MP3000.  I'm glad that
you could keep your job.  The MP3000 isn't much use anymore, since it
won't run z/OS in 64 bit mode.  I at least got to run z/OS in 31 bit
mode before ours was shut down.

OK, I'll bite!  What's a "Customer Anchor Table slot #51 (X'C8'-X'CB')"

<SNIP>

It is a table that contains an anchor for ISVs. Each ISV is able to
register for a slot. A slot is 1 word where the ISV can store an address
(probably in some common storage, CSA/SQA). The ISV may use that anchor
and scratch pad as they need.

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- All opinions expressed by me are my own and may not necessarily
reflect those of my employer. --

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html