[snip]

> a character fault. It's like after the 30th or 40th time you
> get a call
> telling you that your new Operating System caused a S0C7 in someone's
> application. I can't speak for everyone, but I tend to get a

[snip]

Ah, that brings back memories. Programmer insisted that since S0C7 was a
"system abend", that meant is was a system problem and we needed to fix
the system! Same programmer, on DOS/VS, would get "PROGRAM REQUESTED
TERMINATION" message. He would argue that his program did NOT do any
such request - here's the source - do YOU see any termination request in
it?

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.