------------------<snip>------------------------

a character fault. It's like after the 30th or 40th time you get a call telling you that your new Operating System caused a S0C7 in someone's application. I can't speak for everyone, but I tend to get a

[snip]

Ah, that brings back memories. Programmer insisted that since S0C7 was a
"system abend", that meant is was a system problem and we needed to fix
the system! Same programmer, on DOS/VS, would get "PROGRAM REQUESTED
TERMINATION" message. He would argue that his program did NOT do any
such request - here's the source - do YOU see any termination request in
it?
lol !! That guy doesn't even qualify as a PFCSK !!  :-)