Patrick,

thanks for the tip, but we have a definite reason to run it in discretionary:
It takes too many resources cpu wise :-)

We do not want to use resource capping, because at certain times C:D is set to
STCHIGH (we have two cutoff times a day, where transfers have to be in before a
certain time, and when there are too many transfers coming in, we increase cpu,
but only under managemant direction...)

In addition, my extra time is spent in the global non-disp phase (20seconds too
many that I don't know why they are spent), and during that time nothing but
dump capture runs on the lpar (that's the crux). So C:Ds dispatching priority
wouldn't make a difference that I can see.

Oh, and one more thing: Exit address 04353880
Home ASID 0005 DUMPSRV
Exit time 00:00:20.810908
Exit attributes: Global, Sdump, SYSMDUMP
is ISGSDUMP. I just hope that *that* doesn't run during global capture
phase!!!! It *is* listed later, and we go against explicit IBM recommendations
here, which had helped us tremendously in the past.

But looking again at the time stamps, this may just be the additional 20
seconds.

Regards, Barbara