Everyone's spot on: We're GMT+2 (stupid DST in Europe :-) ), so that explains
why we didn't go through a time warp. :-)

Now, why am I not surprised that this verbx (I just wrote verby again!)ieavtsfs
is a Jim-Mulder-Special? :-) Thank goodness it is there, though, and if you,
Jim, want to fix something in a later release, that's fine.

The blame lays squarely in my court, I guess. I wanted GRSQ(ALL) because we
just had to merge two completely disparate sysplexes into one. They don't share
anything except GRS Star, and I wanted to see any cross-system deadly embraces
that may have been caused by our throwing together the RNLs of both sysplexes.
I was quite unaware, though (or didn't read it properly because I didn't want
to subconsciously), that GRS collection is a global exit. I would have sworn it
is local.

I just tested with grsq set to contention and the capture time decreased
drastically. So let my scars be a warning to you! :-) Guess I need to say
goodbye to that debugging help for the sake of 20s gain in production. (That
means we can go back to q=yes, though!)

And sorry that I just didn't put the timestamps into the post. Because
system-wide non-disp was reported to be reset a few lines above, I assumed that
everything below that line would be local, again. (Talk about making
assumptions!) I realized later that the time stamp was actually inside the
global non-disp window, and the exit address did the rest to make me feel
guilty.

I just looked at the dump task in the NDM address space. It must have been
posted (link is 00), but the tcbflags say that the task is being swapped out.
(Actually, all tasks are being swapped out.)
I would have said that this is due to NDM running in discretionary, but I am
not sure. SRM says that the address space is on the IN q, the WEB still
pointing back to that SSRB has a DP of x'00C0 8000', while ASCBDPH=x'00C1'.
ASCBEWST is (using another Jim-Mulder-Special, LISTTOD) 04/09/2008
15:04:43.107551, which is almost right at the beginning when the problem
occured (15:04:43.048477).
-
There are a ton of global SRBs (that I didn't check, with 1.8 they're always
there for a dynamic dump) and there is one local ssrb with a cpsw in ieavsrbs
and RMTR=IEAVESPM. regs in the ssrb are all zero, and ptcb is the one that had
the 0C4 in srb-to-task percolation for the original abend. Given my luck, the
RT1W for that SRB is in use (my debugging teacher told me that I would never
need to look at RT1Ws because they're never in use - I always get those that
are) with a linkage stack entry for IEAVTSSD BAKR'ing to IEAVTSSM. That's
summary dump processing, I think.

Any more words of wisdom on this? (well, other than 'stupidity on the part of
the OP :-) ?

Best regards, Barbara