>The thanks for that one should go to Ralph Sharpe.
Thanks Ralph! :-)

>There isn't much you can do other than spend real money to buy
>more real storage to avoid paging, and spend real money to buy
>to fastest DASD boxes and attach them to the fastest channels
>(if you aren't already doing that).

I was afraid of that. As it happens, we're just buying more real, but that was
intended for our ever-growing VMs, or rather the linuxes under VM. My colleague
will attempt to get some more for that system. Unfortunately, NDM dumping with
maddening regularity is a fact of life, and we cannot create the same load on
the test systems that we have in production, so we cannot get them fixed before
going to production.

And then we'll wait for z/OS development to do something for us :-)

Best regards, Barbara