>You didn't mention how many local page data sets you have. Perhaps more
>locals, spread across more devices and channels would help.

10 locals, to each its own volume, each 3300cyl big. More channels? No clue, I
consider that 'hardware'. They're all behind the same controller.

The interesting thing was looking at RMF (only showing three here):
X12P27 33903    3990-6
X12P01 33903    2105
X12P31 33903    2105
I went and asked why there is one 3990-6 when the others are 2105 (all), and
was told that RMF has no clue. Hardware configuration is identical.
DS P,D23E,1
UNIT DTYPE  M CNT VOLSER  CHPID=PATH STATUS
     RTYPE   SSID CFW TC   DFW   PIN  DC-STATE CCA  DDC   ALT  CU-TYPE
D23E,33903 ,A,000,X12P27,B3=+ B4=+ B5=+ B6=+ B7=+ BE=+
     2105    D200  Y  YY.  YY.    N   SIMPLEX   3E   3E        2105

Nobody (including me) wanted to open an ETR for this. Well, we're rolling out a
refresh, maybe its fixed in there somewhere...

Best regards, Barbara