IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 04/11/2008
01:11:14 AM:
> I was quite unaware,
> though (or didn't read it properly because I didn't want to
> subconsciously), that GRS collection is a global exit. I would have
> sworn it is local.
>
> I just tested with grsq set to contention and the capture time
> decreased drastically. So let my scars be a warning to you! :-)
> Guess I need to say goodbye to that debugging help for the sake of
> 20s gain in production. (That means we can go back to q=yes, though!)

  We are painfully aware of the requirement to move GRSQ processing
to occur after system nondispatchability has been reset.  We can't
just change that GRS exit to be a local exit, because then it
would run for each address space being dumped, and we only want
it to run once per dump.

> (using another Jim-Mulder-
> Special, LISTTOD)

  LISTTOD is a Bob Wright special.  You are thinking of the
local (to Poughkeepsie System Test) VERBX CNVTOD, which we used
before LISTTOD existed.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY