On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:56:56 -0400, Gerhard Postpischil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>Oops. I completely forgot - I have a modified version of the
>STEPLIB program, that has an optional APF operand to authorize
>the libraries. Once that's done the authorized programs will run
>correctly; it's a great time saver when debugging new or heavily
>modified programs, since it can be done out of a test library.

That would allow an authorized program to load a module from an otherwise
unauthorized STEPLIB.  It won't let you actually start running something as
APF authorized, though.   Getting something to start running authorized
requires use of a function like IKJEFTSR, or TESTAUTH.

--
  Walt Farrell, CISSP
  IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design