Tom Marchant wrote:
I don't see how it really helps on a sandbox. What's so hard about adding your test library to the APF list?

There are numerous reasons, but at my last job before retirement I worked at an ISV writing and maintaining system utilities. They had a library of all IBM documentation, and the ISV's products, but nothing else was documented. I had to find tape drive generics and addresses by word of mouth; there were some IBM and CBT add-ons, but not documented, so I had to discover them by trial and error!

Of necessity we were privileged to do just about anything, but anything that smacked of a system change, unless required to run a product, was a no-no. I guess they wanted to keep the system as close to vanilla as possible? The systems group wasn't really supportive unless you had a "real" problem (e.g., I discovered an 0C4 trying to load a recovery data set in ISPF Edit; that was researched and fixed promptly). The work was technically challenging, but I've had better jobs.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT