On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:44:31 -0400, Gerhard Postpischil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Walt Farrell wrote:
>> That would allow an authorized program to load a module from an otherwise
>> unauthorized STEPLIB.  It won't let you actually start running something as
>> APF authorized, though.   Getting something to start running authorized
>> requires use of a function like IKJEFTSR, or TESTAUTH.
>
>While I haven't tried this under z/OS, I can assure you that it
>works quite well under all earlier systems I used it on, from
>MVS to OS/390.

Then there's something else you're doing to get the programs running that
you're not telling us about, Gerhard.  Simply creating an authorized STEPLIB
won't do it.  There are only a handful of ways of getting a program to start
running authorized, even if the module comes from an APF-authorized library.
 And using "address linkpgm" in REXX won't do it.

--
  Walt Farrell, CISSP
  IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design