On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 18:11:45 -0700, Skip Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>There was a note of caution that I found almost funny:  the new OP code
>would not cause a problem for any program *unless* that program were
>depending on the OP code *not* to be valid. Where's my S0C1? I need my
>S0C1! After all these years in the business, I would not bet the farm on
>there being no such program.

I remember seeing such a program sometime within the last 15 years.
I don't remember what "character string" used to create the S0C1, but
I remember thinking that some day it would be a valid opcode and there
was going to be some very unanticipated behavior in that program.

Sheesh!  Everybody knows you're supposed to EX and EX in such
circumstances, not execute some clever word.  You need a more
intuitive, self-explanatory abend like S0C3 to aid your debugging. :-)

Pat O'Keefe