No, actually they do. You can get the JES2 features of Sysview that allow you to manipulate the JES like SDSF. I prefer SDSF, but one of the place I am now uses it extensively. Fortunately they also have SDSF so I was not forced to use Sysview, but I have learned a bit about it, and can use it with JES output, syslog displays, etc.

Doug Fuerst

Gary Green wrote:
Ah...  These two products do not provide the same informaiton.

SYSVIEW provides internal, control-block structure  information (at a minimum)
while SDSF (Spool Display and Search Facility) provides informaiton about Jobs
in the JES queue.