Shane wrote:
Mmmm - sign of the times I'm afraid. At least Norman now (sometimes)
includes his association with the vendor in question.
A question was asked, he responded.

When questions get raised here, sometimes products get dumped on, so
vendors defending/promoting their products also must be expected.
I prefer they react here (in public) rather than complaining/threatening
in private.

I can certainly understand where reasonable people might have differing opinions about what's "appropriate" for this forum.

The paragraph I quoted looked to me like it was lifted straight out of a marketing brochure. And, in all the years I've been in this business, I've never heard *anyone* outside of a marketing department use the phrase "world class" to describe their software. Norm used this phrase -- not once, but twice -- in two different related posts! (Bela Oxmyx would likely assume he's in for a "piece of the action".)

I realize it's a fine line ISVs tread within an open technical discussion. I try not to cross it (don't know if I'm always successful) as did the late Bruce Black, and as do Chris Craddock, Wayne Driscoll, Rob Scott, Bob Shannon, Tom Harper, Scott Fagen, Steve Pryor, Martin Treubner, Dave Cole, Tom Marchant, and other ISV regulars on this list. And, while their software might indeed be considered "world class" by their customers, I've never heard any of them describe it that way on IBM-MAIN!

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc