How about moving those into a shell script?

PARM='SH /u/user/my.sh'

/u/user/my.sh would contain the stmts currently on your PARM stmt.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Norgauer
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 5:49 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: PARM problem - HELP

Here's my error:

    10 //PS082   EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH,
 //********************************************************************
       // PARM='SH echo sftp -b /u/bpxbatch/mccheckftp
       //             fis-depot-test.ucdavis.edu |su -s bpxbtch'
    11 //SYSPRINT  DD SYSOUT=*
    12 //STDOUT    DD SYSOUT=*
    13 //STDERR    DD SYSOUT=*
MT NO. MESSAGE

    10 IEF642I EXCESSIVE PARAMETER LENGTH IN THE PARM FIELD

Thanks.

John Norgauer
University of California Davis Medical Center
2315 Stockton Blvd
ASB 1300
Sacramento, Ca 95817
916-734-0536

 SYSTEMS PROGRAMMING......  Guilty, until proven innocent !! "    JN
2004
"Hardware eventually breaks - Software eventually works"      anon