From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John
McKown
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:11 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: question about Oracle on the mainframe

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:08:12 -0700, Kurt Eastwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Rich and John and anyone else who wants to respond,
>
>Are you saying:
>
>Oracle up to release 10 will run under z/OS but Oracle about release 10
will not run under z/OS but will run under z/Linux running under z/OS?

>Kurt

That is my understanding. z/OS goes up to rel 10 only. z/Linux is still
fully supported by the newer releases as are the other UNIX type boxes. I
guess z/OS UNIX is just different enough to require too much porting for the
demand.

--
John