R.S. wrote:
David Crayford wrote:
[...]
SAP Business Suite is the same, no longer being ported to z/OS. It seems that z/Linux is becoming a very strategic platform for both vendors and IBM.

Or mainframe is less strategic for both...
(justification: it seems to be cheaper to use AIX on pSeries)

Maybe, but if you're already running SAP on z/OS and have legacy apps running DB2 then z/Linux maybe the right choice for QOS. I'm not sure, but you make a good point. The high end *nix boxes have the grunt and price points to be very attractive to companies running ERP...

15 years ago I worked on one of the first mainframe DB2 data warehouse systems in the UK. We used SP2 AIX boxes for the mining, and they were very quick back then. I suppose it all depends on the z10 and how IBM prices them... They seem to be making an effort to bring to TCO down.