On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:01:33 -0600, Martin Kline <martin.kl...@yrcw.com> wrote:

>>RMF III also shows the storage in number of frames (the STORF display).
>>But at least it used K and not T.
>
>So, RMF III uses the ambiguous 'K' and fails to put a definition in the
help. 'K'
>could mean 1000 and it could mean 1024. If it's 1024, then without using a
>calculator and in less than 2 seconds, how many frames if 635K?
>
>In what way is that better than using 'T', when 'T' clearly means 1000? How
>many frames is 635T?

I think everyone I know who works with computers would know that in
terms of memory that K means 1024 (even if it was 1000 it would
be more clear than "T"').  As proof, that same question (what does the
"T" mean) has be asked many time on this list and to me by co-workers
over the years (why they couldn't all look it up on HELP, I don't know).

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com