Tom Marchant wrote:

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 14:16:39 +0900, Timothy Sipples wrote:

UNIVAC 1108: There was an 1108 II model (a.k.a. 1108A) introduced in
August, 1965, which was the machine available with multiple CPUs. Wikipedia
says 296 of the 1108s (uniprocessor and multiprocessor) were sold, so this
was a reasonably popular machine for its time.

I don't know how many of any other machines were sold, but I'd think that
296 machines sold in that time frame would have made the 1108 a *very*
popular machine.
IIRC, the Univac 1110 was also a multiprocessor as well. It cost me a good university job.

--
Rick