From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of John McKown
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 10:30 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: insanity? process SMF with Java on non-z?

We are losing our SAS license. Cost containment. We are looking at
getting
our main SAS user a Window desktop license so that he can continue to
use
MXG. Apparently this is fairly popular.

But I was curious if anybody has ever used anything else, such as Java,
process SMF data on a Windows or Linux box? Or is that just too crazy?

--
John