Thank you, Miklos. I appreciate your response.

Bob

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Miklos Szigetvari
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 11:40 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: FMID descriptions

This  worked for me:

/* REXX */
ADDRESS TSO
"ALLOC FI(ISPPROF) DA('ESA.ISPF.ISPPROF') SHR REUSE  "
ADDRESS ISPEXEC
" TBOPEN BCNFMDS NOWRITE"
" TBTOP  BCNFMDS "
DO WHILE RC = 0
" TBSKIP BCNFMDS "
 " TBGET BCNFMDS ROWID(I)"
  SAY FMID FMIDDESC
END
" TBCLOSE BCNFMDS "

Richards, Robert B. wrote:

>Does anyone have any REXX code to grab "English description" FMID table
>entries out of GIM.SGIMTENU's BCNFMDS member by passing it the FMID in
>question?
>

>I am writing some code to parse information from the ERROR SYSMODS
>Report and want to provide the reader with ICKDSF instead of EDU1H01,
et
>al. I looked at the various SMP/E LIST commands, but parsing any one of
>those reports seems to be overkill for my purposes.
>

>Kurt Q, feel free to jump in here and tell me that it is possible run
>some report that just provides these two pieces of information. I
looked
>in the archives and see that others have cut and paste some of this
info
>from web pages or have their own lists, but am looking for something
>that would be automatically updated based on my product set.
>

>Other suggestions are also welcome! :-)
>

>Bob

>send email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Miklos Szigetvari

Development Team
ISIS Information Systems Gmbh
tel: (+43) 2236 27551 570
Fax: (+43) 2236 21081

E-mail: miklos.szigetv...@isis-papyrus.com

Info: i...@isis-papyrus.com
Hotline: +43-2236-27551-111

Visit our Website: http://www.isis-papyrus.com
This e-mail is only intended for the recipient and not legally
binding. Unauthorised use, publication, reproduction or
disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not permitted.
no responsibility for malicious or inappropriate content.