From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Kurt Quackenbush
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 2:43 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: FMID descriptions

> ... I looked at the various SMP/E LIST commands, but parsing any one
of
> those reports seems to be overkill for my purposes.

You could do UNLOAD FUNCTIONS instead of LIST and that output should be
much easier to parse.

> Kurt Q, feel free to jump in here and tell me that it is possible run
> some report that just provides these two pieces of information.

Just provides FMID and DESCRIPTION? Nope, nothing that simple exists.
What fun would that be?  You could of course write a program (a "real"
program, not REXX) that uses GIMAPI to read the zone and extract exactly

this info, but I dare say its not for the faint of heart.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development