From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Kurt Quackenbush
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 9:59 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: FMID descriptions

Richards, Robert B. wrote:
> Unless I coded it wrong "SET BDY(TARGET). UNLOAD SYSMODS FUNCTIONS.",
> why do you think it is easier? Both UNLOAD and LIST are multi-line
> reports.

To me having the values delineated by "subentrytype(value)" seems a bit
easier to parse and pick off the stuff you want.  Yes you still have to
parse multi-line output.  I suppose its six of one, half a dozen of the
other.

> How about providing the FMID description on the summary section of the
> ERROR SYSMOD report? :-) The print line has the room! <grin>

Duly noted.

> In the absence of that, do you approve of the BCNFMDS method as being
> accurate?

Yes, that is accurate and seems a fine use for your purposes.  Although
we have no plans right now that would affect the BCNFMDS table,
understand of course the usual caveats apply -- it's not a published
program interface, so in the future we could change the structure of
that table, eliminate it, etc.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development