> You can find them if you go to
> http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/hardware/
> Select "product details" for each and download the data sheet.
> z9 BC   5.4 KW
> z10 BC  3.7-7.35 KW
> z9 EC   6.3-18.3 KW
> z10 EC  9.7-27.5 KW

Interesting, the data for the z10BC shows four actual power ratings, not
the scale as you note...
3.7, 4.3, 6.2, 7.35 KW
and the footnote mentions the number of I/O drawers.  Scanning the white
paper link "Energy Management and Performance Analysis on the IBM System
z10 BC", it looks like there are actually 8 power levels which depend on
the number of drawers and the temperature in the room being either above or
below 82F.   I thought it was more variable than that and went up and down
with workload, even?

Jeffrey Deaver, Engineer
Systems Engineering
jeffrey.dea...@securian.com
651-665-4231(v)
IS - "Creating competitive advantage with technology.  Providing service
that excels."
OSS - " Where Innovation Happens"