> IBM has 11 years to convince their management the mainframe is good idea. >
> They didn't succeeded or even didn't try.

IBM used to give huge discounts to universities. About 15-20 or so years ago
they did away with the discounts and universities started migrating off the
mainframe. The few that are left mostly use mainframes for some type of
administrative processing. The processing done by students is done on PCs or on
eunuchs systems, where years ago the processing was done on mainframes.  I
don't think IBM failed to convince the university in question to stay on the
mainframe; I think IBM abandoned the educational mainframe market a long time
ago.

> BTW: "green" is sales pitch. My "green" z10 consumes exactly 50% more
> power than blue z9.

I can't dispute this statement as we don't have a z10 (yet). I would be
interested whether other z10 customers share your findings. I would also like
to hear a response from IBM.

Bob Shannon
Rocket Software