-----------------------------<snip>------------------------------

Is PDSE your friend here?:

 o Is LNKLST PDSE-friendly?
--------------------------<unsnip>---------------------------------
Not at IPL time. After IPL is complete, you could add it dynamically.

Not true for IPL time.

I was unaware of that. I though LPA had to be completely available before PDSE was usable. Gotta read those notices closer. :-)
                                  <snipage>

IMHO much better idea is to use some version control tool like Serena Changeman or CA Edeavor. It is not matter of load modules, lnklst and LLA, it is more matter of quality of the code.

When you're running real-time and any kind of outages or interruptions cost a king's ransom per minute, you wait until business is ended Friday before making updates. Saturday processing is basically the same as weekday, but without the time/availability pressure, so there's time for detailed post-mortem and backout. Our Quality Assurance staff tests extensively, including intentional invalid data, before making ANY update and all managers have to sign off on test results. At that time, the old LMOD is copied to a backup library and the new one copied in. Source and copybooks are treated in similar fashion.

We tried Changeman and it was an absolute nightmare building the JCL sets for it to use. Even Serena had problems.

Rick