>From what I have read in documentation, it seems to me that even a
module linked AC=0 is still authorized if LINK/XCTLed from an authorized
library by a program that is AC=1 (or greater).   So any program in a
Library that is APF authorized can potentially be running authorized,
not just the modules with AC=1 (or greater)

Did I read or understand that documentation wrong?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Frank Swarbrick
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:25 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Of link lists and application programs

If necessary, is there a way to inhibit unauthorized individuals from
linking with AC=1, even when linking in to an authorized library?
--

Frank Swarbrick
Applications Architect - Mainframe Applications Development FirstBank

On 7/29/2009 at 4:34 PM, in message
<166284787-1248906882-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry.rim.net-198947840
6...@bxe12
7.bisx.prod.on.blackberry>, Ted MacNEIL <eamacn...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>> It sounds like we need to use LNKAUTH=APFTAB instead of the default
>> of
> LNKAUTH=LNKLST so that our APPL libraries will not be APF authorized
> when accessed via the LNKLST concatentation (or via a STEPLIB/JOBLIB
> for that matter).  We certainly would not want this.
>
> There are two criteria for a programme to be APF'd.
> 1. The library
> 2. Link with AC=1
>
> -
> Too busy driving to stop for gas!

> email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

The information contained in this electronic communication and any
document attached hereto or transmitted herewith is confidential and
intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity named above.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any examination, use,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or any part
thereof is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
destroy this communication.  Thank you.

email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html