We updated our automation product to log the jobname of address spaces issuing
IEF352I, so we could see what was causing the problems when we had similar
issues.

We also found Mark Zeldens REXX very useful:
http://www.mzelden.com/mvsfiles/asidlist.txt
http://www.mzelden.com/mvsutil.html

It issues the following output, as an example:
                PROGRAM TOTALS

Total address spaces in the system:               2020
Total active address spaces in the system:         286
Total available address spaces in the system:     1686
Total non-reusable address spaces in the system:    48

             ASID USAGE FROM THE ASVT

MAXUSER from IEASYSxx:  1500
         In use ASIDs:   286
      Available ASIDs:  1214