Yes, significant elapsed time improvement, to start.

Unfortunately, there are instances where someone has hardcoded BLKSIZE= which
overrides the LBI benefits.  Consider scaning the tape management catalog,
looking for these improvement opportunities (removing any/all DCB parameter
values).

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.