From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mark Jacobs
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:59 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] ADRDSSU Large block performance

Really? Our results (full volume dumps) haven't shown any major
improvements.

Mark Jacobs

On 08/16/12 11:54, Scott Barry wrote:
> Yes, significant elapsed time improvement, to start.
>
> Unfortunately, there are instances where someone has hardcoded BLKSIZE= which
> overrides the LBI benefits.  Consider scaning the tape management catalog,
> looking for these improvement opportunities (removing any/all DCB parameter
> values).
>
> Scott Barry
> SBBWorks, Inc.
>
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 08:51:27 -0400, Martin, Mike<mike.mar...@ncsecu.org>
> wrote:
>

>> All,
>>

>> We are upgrading to z/OS 1.13 from 1.11.   ADRDSSU will now use BSAM and
>> blocks of 262k (1.11 used 65k).
>>

>> Has anyone seen big benefits in their shop from this change?
>>

>> Mike Martin
>>
>> </PRE>This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the
>> sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
>> please contact the sender and delete all copies. Any review or distribution
>> by others is strictly prohibited. Personal emails are restricted by policy
>> of the State Employees' Credit Union (SECU).  Therefore SECU specifically
>> disclaims any responsibility or liability for any personal information or
>> opinions of the author expressed in this email.
>>
>> </P>

Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service
Tampa, FL
----

The Doctor: You know when grown-ups tell you everything's going to be
fine, and you think they're probably lying to make you feel better?
Young Amy: Yes.
The Doctor: Everything's going to be fine.

it is addressed
and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material. If you receive this material/information
in error,