From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Sevetson, Phil
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ADRDSSU Large block performance

My site saw big improvements in DB2 z/OS (Image Copy) backup elapsed times.

We're implementing LBI, but have encountered problems with below-the-line
storage for batch IMS writing sequential files, and with IMS GSAM, which does
not read files larger than (BLKSZLIM) 32760.  Fixes were needed from Syncsort
and from Compuware for FA/MVS.

--Phil Sevetson, DB2 DBA